Use our guide below and download the PDF Guide from the bottom of the page to understand exactly how to keep your wood or concrete looking great year after year with RESCUE IT! MAX. Have confidence in knowing that you have the right directions and the right products to refinish your deck right.
Clean & Prep Surface
With RESCUE IT!® MAX Prep Cleaner
Prep matters! Our RESCUE IT! MAX Prep Cleaner deep cleans your surface so that it is eady for a fresh application of RESCUE IT! MAX Resurfacer. With its help, you can properly prepare your wood or concrete deck or outdoor stain project for a revived look and a new season of enjoyment.
Follow these simple steps to rescue your worn surface:
- Scrape- Begin by scraping to remove peeling paint or stain from your surface. Remove all loose splinters, and replace rotting or damaged boards. Also, secure loose deck screws, raised nail heads or loose decking boards.
- Clean- Thoroughly clean with RESCUE IT! MAX Prep Cleaner and rinse well to remove cleaning product residue and contaminants. Repeat the process as many times as necessary to remove all dirt, mildew, grease and algae.
- Wash- Pressure wash your surface using LOW to MODERATE pressure. Allow wood to dry completely (minimum of 24 hours). Then, remove any loose wood fibers with coarse sandpaper. Remove all sanding dust.
- Fill- Fill cracks and depressions larger than 1/4-in. For wood surfaces: Use an exterior paintable sealant caulk. For concrete surfaces: Use a polymeric concrete patching compound. Please follow all manufacturers' instructions.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust or fumes. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST OR FUMES CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a properly fitted NIOSH-approved respirator and prevent skin contact to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting USEPA National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead. Follow these instructions to control exposure to other hazardous substances that may be released during surface preparation.
Please refer to the Product Label, Technical Data Sheet (TDS) or Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for safety and detailed application instructions.
With RESCUE IT!® MAX Resurfacer + Primer+ Sealant
RESCUE IT! MAX Resurfacer + Primer + Sealant offers maximum protection from the elements for your wood deck or concrete patio. In just two coats, you can cover up to 75-sq feet of your chosen surface.
Our resurfacer helps you by:
- Self-priming in 2 coats on properly prepared surfaces
- Filling cracks up to 1/4-in
- Locking down splinters
- Providing waterproofing protection
- Providing a three-way mildew and algae resistant coating
- Providing a slip-resistant finish with a barefoot-friendly* texture
WARNING- Darker colors may result in higher surface temperatures from direct sun exposure than light colors.
For complete application instructions, download our PDF guide or refer to the back of the label.
Refresh & Brighten
With RESCUE IT® MAX Maintenance Wash
The RESCUE IT! MAX Maintenance Wash keeps your refinished deck looking great year after year. This product allows you to remove stains and maintain the protective qualities of your last stain applicatiion.
Enjoy these great benefits:
- Gentle cleaner for surfaces coated with RESCUE IT! MAX Maintenance Wash
- Excellent for removal of leaf, mold & mildew stains
- Ready to use—No mixing
- One gallon cleans up to 250-sq ft
For more information and complete prep and application instructions, download the guides, print them out and use them on your next project.